Friday, March 22, 2013

Inspiration: Acts of Kindness

I appreciate random acts of kindness!
In my family, acts of kindness are frequent and on purpose!
I love this saying: 
Your Talents + Helping Others = Your Purpose

Recently my daughters performed the jig along with their cousin (who is a student of Irish Dance)!
My niece planned the event as entertainment for seniors at an assisted living center in our community.
What a nice way for these young ladies to use their talents to help others!  They provided the entertainment for free, and enjoyed sharing happiness with the residents!
My niece and daughters.

Onto the next giving project!
I make fabric flowers all of the time, as you know.
I have to make use of all those scraps, of course!
One dear elderly woman who is a frequent shopper in my store has mentioned how she would love to sew flower embellishments on her plain t-shirts.  This gave me a reason to add some creativity to my day.  I would love to surprise her with some flowers I made to accessorize her clothing!  So I did just that, and she was certainly surprised when I handed her a bag full of flowers the next time she stopped in!  It is so much fun to make someone's day, and I've been hugged by many strangers because of it!

The point of this post is to encourage you to do something that will make someone feel special today!  Whatever your talent, use it to help someone in some way...even just to make their day!

Pin It Now!