Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reuse Designs Off Old T-Shirts

Some upcycle inspiration for your day!
Reuse those fun designs off old t-shirts!

I made this bag for my niece's birthday.
She has a Pug, so I went with the Pug theme.
I found a really cute "Girl and her Pugs" design on a child's t-shirt.  The shirt was for a much younger girl than my niece, and it had a few stains on the sleeves.  But the design remained in perfect condition.  So I cut out the design and attached it to a bag by sewing it into place.  I also added some other hand-sewn embellishments.

Normally I make my own bags, but this time I used some pre-made bags someone had given to me.  I chose black for the outside, flipped the pink bag inside-out and inserted it as a lining, then stitched them together. 

I did a fun hand-sewn stitch with pink thread to attach the bags together.

Here's the finished product!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Adorable!! I love how you attached the two bags. And the design is super cute!!