Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Upcycled Jean Tote

Here is my latest project, made from a jean skirt!


I began by hand-sewing the bottom edge of the skirt together from the inside.


I added a handmade ruffle and some trim.


I included a couple of ribbon flowers where the edges of the trim met in the back.


Next, I added some straps, made from the same fabric used for the ruffle.


A black skirt turned right-side-in made the perfect liner!  I used my machine to sew the bottom edge closed.  Then I sewed it into the jean tote (by hand) at the top and lower edges. 


The inner and outer pockets of this tote will come in handy!


A belt gives a fashionable finishing touch.


This tote will be perfect for carrying around items of many kinds...


And keep a lady stylin' along the way!

Pin It Now!

No comments: